Monday, April 12, 2010

Spring has Sprung!

Nothing says "spring" like dying Easter eggs. Last year we were in Canyon Lake, and the girls dyed eggs with Aunt Bea and Uncle Jim, so it's been a few years since I dyed eggs with them. I forgot how much fun it was.

Doing these little things can sometimes seem like a hassle to me. I am so busy, and running around so much, that to slow down and take the time to mix the dye, boil the eggs, clean up the mess just seems like one more thing in the list of 100 things that needs to be done that day. But this year I really thought about slowing down and just cherishing the event. My children will be young for such a short time. Before I know it they will no longer be interested in spending an afternoon dying eggs with Mommy. And I know when that time comes, I will sorely miss it. I really thought about it this year, and am trying to make a more conscious effort to cherish the little things every day. Making their lunch in the morning. Folding their laundry and hanging it in the closet. Before I know it, their closet will be empty and I will wish for "those days". I really am trying to be in the moment and enjoy the entire experience of Motherhood now.

The day just began the month just right. We laughed, and talked, and decorated. I loved every minute of it.

I can't wait for next year. Happy Easter!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: